Simply put, the left side of the brain is more analytic and logical, while the right side is more emotive. In fact, when we react instinctively (say, we spot a snake and jump ten feet in the air) that reaction is not governed by one side of the brain or the other but is under the control of a structure called the amygdala, located bilaterally in the temporal lobes of the brain. So some logical, reasoned reactions can stem from the cortex on either side of the brain but true instinctual reactivity comes from more primitive areas of the brain. These structures react long before we think.
- Be sure to follow @ajhham, author of Zen Mind Zen Horse. New book is out, learn more!!! 1 year ago
- Can Costco run for President?? #POTUS 1 year ago
- I keep wondering, where do they go to get the "new car" smell for car washes? 1 year ago
- To lead you need to be able to generate the loyalty of those who might follow 1 year ago
- Can someone explain to me what is happening to the Arizona Cardinals this year? Did they launch a self-destruct sequence? 1 year ago